Monday, April 26, 2010

The Gold Coast

Located in the aptly named Gold Parking Zone in the Laguna Beach's exclusive Emerald Bay community is this $32,995,000 masterpiece. This home is one of only 15 homes that are located directly on the sand and have direct access to the private community beach.
The street facade is very quaint and hides the fact that this house is terraced down to the sea. That fact is one of my favorite parts of this house, there is no real pretension, the house exudes a quiet luxury.
The kitchen is very open and airy. I don't know how practical it is to not have any upper cabinets but I'm sure there must be a china closet or something. In a house with this price tag anything is possible.
Just look at the materials!!! They are beyond perfection! GLASS DOOR KNOBS.
This house leaves me pretty speechless, so you guys are in luck because this is a brochure! This 5,800 square foot house is not massive but by no means are the owners slumming it. 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms are spread out on the homes many levels and the only thing I can say is that I hope there is an elevator somewhere in this home. If I moved in tomorrow I wouldn't change one single thing, this home is PERFECT just the way it is already.

3 comments:

  1. The home has great warmth and appeal, and I am with you, I wouldn't (couldn't) change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $5700 a square foot but it's good lot. How much for the lot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - love this house. This is one of my favorites from your blog posts, and your blog posts always feature the most amazing houses.

    When my husband's grandfather was looking for a piece of property in Orange County in the mid-60s, Emerald Bay was at the top of his list. I must admit, though, that I am glad he found what he was looking for in Three Arch Bay...

    This is making me very anxious to plan a trip out to Laguna Beach!

    ReplyDelete