Monday, April 12, 2010

On The Island

Located on the Little Island of Balboa Island in Newport Beach, this home occupies the corner of East Bayfront and Grand Canal. This home is sheer island perfection! Not only does it have a sizable front yard (a rare treat), it also boasts a very private inner courtyard. The massive chimneys, beautiful shingles, and white trim all just make me LOVE this house.
Yes, that behemoth of a yacht is owned by the owners of this house. In fact, they own quite the menagerie of watercraft.
Through the olive tree you can just make out the only bridge onto the island. It should just be named the bridge to paradise.
HOORAY! Who doesn't love a nice conservatory?
The interiors are a smidge hoity-toity for my taste. I mean a mosaic back splash? Oh well, give me a marble counter top and I'll be a happy camper.
The dinning room of this house definitely has that yacht-y feeling with all the wooden built-ins.
I don't think I would really ever need to leave this room. If you look out the windows on the right you get a vista of the bay and if you venture out the doors on the left you reach the courtyard.
Tower room anyone?
BEAMS. LANTERN.
Chinoiserie is beautiful!
Even thought this tub is a little stunted, claw-foot tubs are the epitome of elegance.
Balboa Island has always been one of my favorite places in the whole wide world and I am very happy to share it with you. This home has never been on the market but it has been featured on HGTV. This home just radiates class and sophistication, and I love how it weaves and conforms to its triangular shaped lot. As always, a tour would be much appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. The Bing bird's eye shows it under construction. Must have torn down something pretty good on that lot.

    ReplyDelete