Monday, May 17, 2010

On the Cliff

Located in North Laguna this home has a wonderful interplay between its traditional construction and modern interiors.
I have always been a major advocate of an entry hall where guests can drop their coats and can get a subtle introduction to your house. The lack of a foyer seems to fit this house and I like it, it emphasizes the easy living and organic flow of this house.
The kitchen is wonderful! I love the sleek lines, the natural colors, and the hanging lights; the only thing I find a little wonky are the louvered, mechanic inspired upper cabinets.
I love Dutch doors and I find it very inspiring when they are used other places besides the front door.
The most striking feature of this home is its location; perched on a cliff overlooking Crescent Bay this home has it all and you can call yourself the owner if you have an extra $7,995,000. There is only one major draw back in the location of this house, you might be kept up by the sound of the waves hitting the base of the cliff at night, oh darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment